How to submit a picture/letter to the Kyary fan book & how to help
Hi everybody! Here’s the deal: the goal is to make a published book for Kyary, but if there are less than 100 (individual) submissions by August 26th, I’ll make a scrapbook :)
If we receive more, a book will be published. But if we don’t make it to this goal by then, any submissions I’ve received at that point will be the ones included in the scrapbook, so please make sure to get your submissions in before that date if you can!
This works better for me, because I really love the scrapbook idea but don’t want to get stuck with a huge project to do all by myself. I know that not everyone will be submitting something, but there are close to 9,000 people following this blog and it could get big pretty fast based on the number of people still messaging me about it.
Anyway, click ‘read more’ for the rules on getting your picture or fan letter into the Kyary fan book! Please read ALL of them before flooding my inbox with submissions or yours will just be deleted. <3
How to Submit a Picture or Fan Letter
1.) You need to make AT LEAST a $0.50 USD donation to my Paypal account in order for your submission to be accepted. Click the orange Donate button on the right sidebar of my blog to send money to my account.
- Please donate $0.50 USD for every picture you submit, and an additional $0.50 USD if you would like to submit a fan letter as well. Let me know if this is completely, totally impossible for you; your submission may still be included on a first come, first serve basis if funds allow.
- To confirm your payment, leave me a note when you send your donation stating your Tumblr username/e-mail in the Add special instructions to the seller section. If you forget to do so, tell me the name your payment was made in so I can look at my account and make sure I received your payment.
- Larger donations are also accepted and greatly appreciated, as we need at least $60 for either the scrapbook or the published book to even happen. $0.50 USD is only a minimum :) Anyone who donates more than they need to will be put on a ‘special thanks’ page.
- All donations are non-refundable.
- I will only use the information you give me to organize the fan book. If you still feel uncomfortable sending a payment through Paypal for any reason, let me know and we can work something out.
2.) Submit your picture using my submission page or e-mail.
- In the description, please give me your first name (nicknames are fine), age, and country so I can place them alongside your picture in the book.
- You may submit up to 5 pictures, but please donate $0.50 USD for each picture you want to include.
- No edits allowed, only original artwork, Kyary-related photos, and so on. No explicit content allowed. Also, do NOT submit other people’s artwork, cosplay photos, etc. If you are caught attempting to pass off someone else’s work as your own, I will ban you from kyarychan.
- Physical submissions will not be accepted through the post for privacy reasons.
- Pictures that have been submitted to kyarychan in the past will NOT be automatically included. Please re-submit your picture for the fan book so I know you’ve given permission for the picture to be used.
- If you’re having difficulties with Tumblr or don’t have your own Tumblr account, send your pictures to me at email@example.com.
3.) Submit your fan letter to Kyary through fan mail or e-mail.
- DO NOT USE MY ASK BOX TO SUBMIT FAN LETTERS. Please use the fan mail function on Tumblr so I can reply directly to you if there are any issues. You can access the fan mail function on Tumblr by going to your Inbox and clicking the blue “Send fan mail” button in the top-right corner.
- You may only submit 1 fan letter, no exceptions. Fan letters need to be typed.
- At the beginning of your letter, please give me your first name (nicknames are fine), age, and country so I can place them next to your letter in the book.
- All fan letters must be 1000 characters or less. I will contact you if it is over 1000 characters so you can shorten it. You can include a picture of yourself with the letter if you want, no extra charge.
- Your fan letter will NOT be translated into Japanese or proofread for you. It will be published in the book as is, so make sure you’ve looked it over before submitting it. Any language is acceptable, so feel free to write in any language you want. It would be pretty awesome if we could get representation in different languages to show Kyary she’s loved around the world :D
- If you’re having difficulties with Tumblr or don’t have your own Tumblr account, send your fan letter to me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
4.) For any submission, your ask box MUST be open so I can communicate with you. If you don’t want to open your ask box, please send me fan mail through Tumblr so I can send messages directly to you about your submission, or contact me through e-mail.
5.) Reminder: if you don’t have a Tumblr, don’t worry! Send your submission(s) to my e-mail address at email@example.com.
6.) I will not be accepting other gifts to give to Kyary, since I will only be in Tokyo for a very short period of time and can’t guarantee that I will be able to give them to her. You can always send your gifts to the following address:
Kyary Pamyu Pamyu
3-29-3 UP Building, Jingumae
Shibuya-ku, Tokyo, Japan 150-0001
7.) Try your best to submit all of your things together, or at the same time to make it easier for me to organize everything.
The Deadline for Submissions
If you want to make sure that the book is published so that everyone can have a copy when it’s done, make sure to send me your submission(s) by August 26th. I will update with the final due date for the published version if we meet our goal.
How to Help Out
The best way to help is to reblog this post and let everyone know we’re doing this! Also, READ THE RULES. It saves me a lot of time~
Until I know whether or not the book will be published, I won’t be needing a terrible amount of help. If we end up making a published book and you’d like to help with graphic design (layout, cover, etc.), prepare a sample of your work and submit it to me :) DO NOT MESSAGE ME ABOUT HELPING WITH DESIGN UNTIL YOU HAVE A SAMPLE TO SUBMIT.